Friday, April 06, 2007

Just got a NEW! idea

If I opened a spectacle shop, the name? Forget Spectacular Spectacles or Behold the Spectacles or Spec Rec 5000, What Would I Call IT? THE VINTAGE VANTAGE. I can't believe I give these ideas of pure gold away on the world wide internet. for anyone to see as an incentive to read the rsbf. Speaking of pure gold spectacles: I got some. let me tell you the progression of my vision assisted life:
1. squarish wireframes. they came at the same time as braces and boy was that... great
2. oval wireframes, with a kind of purplish tint, made by carrera, these had more pretensions of style, but i was still not serious about glasses and tried not to wear them.
3. THeN, probably the one great fashion maneuver of my life, big black glasses (made by hilfiger no less) I swear people would comment on those glasses EVERY DAY and this was before I ever even knew what emo was. Then those glasses were broken and
4. Clear. these were the longest for the last 6.5 yrs. No EVERYONE HAS CLEAR so I advanced like how IPODs advance
5. and now GOLDEN AVIATOR frames, these are not as ironic as you think and actually most people don't even know tice that they are knew NEW, which is good. ITS ALL ABOUT GETTING OLDER OLDER OLDER OLDER OLDER OLD MAN rocky

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the black glasses rep was larger than life...I feel inspired for some New frames too . MIne are skratched > Do you recommend sccratch proof or should I just take better care?

Anonymous said...

I remember when I was in college (go u!) and didn't really know anything about style. I DID know that there was some DUDE on campus with big black glasses and that he probably meant style.

Anonymous said...

I got scratched proof. the deel is you can replace 3 times per year with new lenses, special deal from around the corner optomotristi

Latatica said...

Anonymous
I got scratch proof, spent the extra 50 or whatever and the scratched them promptly the week after but that is just my stle so I dont know how you will fare.

Anyways Rocky
Gold glasses, I wanted some round ones in junior high, but my matrilineal community members told me that it would wash out my coloring. Peeuu. Well I am glad that you have finally gone beyond that and said booya shakalaka. PS i just got a moonstone nose ring, ts good

Zookeeper Diego said...

Rocky contends that he started the black glasses revival. If this is the case, I only hope he can use his power of prediction to like tell the people of Bangladesh the next time they are going to get their houses on sticks flooded and knocked out into the Indian ocean. Or at least, tell me whether wearing my pant legs rolled up is still a do or don't.

Anonymous said...

The next revolution is to wear your pants upside down